Bay Shore Steel Works (BSSW)-
BSSW is a subsidiary of Grand Traverse Economic Development (GTED) and is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Full-Time; $17-$21/ hour depending on experience
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies and compliance requirements.
- Effectively troubleshoots all mechanical equipment to identify issues within the plant and takes necessary corrective actions to repair, replace or rebuild.
- Trouble shoots and repairs electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Continuously works in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards.
- As a service provider, partners with production department to accommodate maintenance activities, predictive maintenance, scrap and downtime reduction actions.
- Designs and develops equipment improvement ideas.
- Reads, interprets and follows blueprints and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete the job.
- Performs other job functions as requested to support the operations of the plant.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic.
- Upon completion of probation period, full-time employees are eligible for 401(k) with match, Life insurance, Health, vision, and dental insurance, flex spending, & Long-term disability
For further information of the Job Description please contact Grand Traverse Economic Development’s HR department. Resumes may be sent to the address below or apply online at www.gtedusa.com/careers. Resumes and applications will be accepted for this position until July 5, 2019
Grand Traverse Economic Development (GTED)
124 N Division St, Ste D4
Traverse City, MI 49684
**Indian Preference is Practiced; However, All Qualified Applicants are Encouraged to Apply